C2Educate

  • Teacher (Full-Time)

    Job Locations US-NJ-Paramus
    Posted Date 1 month ago(3/7/2018 11:28 AM)
    Job ID
    2018-2688
    # of Openings
    1
    Category
    Teaching
  • Overview

    **INTERNAL-ONLY PROMOTION OPPORTUNITY**

     

    C2 teachers are the foundation of our business and have the most direct impact in helping our students move closer to achieving their academic dreams.

     

    The full-time, salaried teacher position will work out of the C2 center located in Paramus, NJ and report directly to C2 Paramus’s Center Director. The position includes benefits, holidays, and personal days. The teacher in this position will be expected to work at least 40 hours per week. Around 75% of work will be dedicated to teaching sessions; the remaining 25% of work will be focused on center support responsibilities such as reviewing student performance.

    Responsibilities

    Responsibilities:

    • Instruct students in classes with a 3-to-1 student-teacher ratio.
    • Work closely with the Center Director and Program Lead to maintain a 3-to-1 student-teacher ratio for their own teaching schedule.
    • Keep detailed records of tutoring sessions using C2 Student Progress Records and/or relevant forms.
    • Track and analyze student progress.
    • Prepare lessons to meet student needs.
    • Attend and support Teacher Team Meetings.
    • Grade SAT and ACT essays for the purposes of student Diagnostic and Interim Test scoring.
    • Provide center-wide academic support related to students enrolled at C2 Paramus, including tracking and analyzing student performance.
    • Provide academic and curriculum support to the center teaching team.
    • Work closely with the Center Director and center staff to meet students’ academic goals.

     

    Skills or Experience:

    • Understands and applies the C2 Way of Teaching
    • Able to connect with and adapt to the needs of children and adults from a wide range of backgrounds
    • Effectively communicates to motivate and engage learners
    • Engaging presenter
    • Creative problem solver
    • Excellent organization skills
    • Desires to grow professionally and continually builds knowledge and skills

    Qualifications

    Qualifications:

    • Must currently be a C2 teacher with experience tutoring all of the following subject areas:
      • AP-level English (e.g.: English Language or English Literature)
      • AP-level Humanities (e.g.: US History or European History)
      • AP-level Math (e.g.: Calculus BC or Statistics)
      • AP-level Physical Sciences (e.g.: Physics or Chemistry)
    • At least 1 year of C2 teaching experience preferred
    • Prior experience supporting C2 centers in tasks outside of teaching is a plus

     

     

    Options

    Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
    Share on your newsfeed